Interested in Volunteering with Maine Foodscapes?
Excellent! The work we do is only made possible with the involvement of Community Members across Southern Maine.
To get started, please fill out the Foodscapes Volunteer Online Registration Form. We have several volunteer needs that support our programs. More information can be found below.
Did you know? The value of a volunteer is $24.14 per hour according to:
Here are some of the major roles we ask our Foodscapes Volunteers to play:
- Community Educators: Have a skill to share? Great! Let's plan a workshop online or in-person.
- Garden Builders: Help build gardens alongside new FGP gardeners and their families!
- Community Chefs: Help us cook food for our new gardener orientations and community events.
- Childcare Champions: Provide supervision and support for children in attendance during new gardener orientations and community events.
- Garden Mentors: Become a new FGP gardener's mentor (no expertise necessary). Help connect new gardeners to the Maine Foodscapes community, field questions that arise during the growing season, and help find appropriate resources and answers to questions as they arise.
- Data Queens & Kings: Support our project's transparency and integrity by helping with data entry.
- Fundraising Superstars: Help our team raise the funds necessary to build more gardens for families experiencing limited resources in Maine.
- Lead Us: Join as a member of our Leadership Team, learn new skills, and help steer our programs.
- Event Planners: Help us plan fundraising and educational events.
- Resource Developers: Share your skills with the Maine Foodscapes Community. Develop a resource to share with others.
- Graphic Designers & Artists: Help bring more color to our communications and help the Maine Foodscapes brand come to life! Inspire your community through art.
- Busy Bee Bookkeepers: Got numbers skills to share? We would love your help once per month.
- Savvy Social Media Butterflies: Yes, we are talking about you! Do you love sharing and helping to spread the word about great things happening in your community? Do you have an eye for aesthetics and syntax to excite?
- Join the Foodscapes Board of Directors: Let's make it official. Reach out to us if you would like to be nominated for a seat on the Board.
Join us! Email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to ask questions and get involved.
Foodscapes Volunteers embody the Foodscapes mission in their communities, both in their time directly serving our programs as well as when they are actively engaging in the broader community of local food oriented efforts and events. Volunteers serve to inspire social change within the local and broader food systems.
We love partnering with local community groups and organizations across Southern Maine to build vegetable gardens and help us fundraise in support of the ongoing success of the Garden Project. Do you have a group that you think would enjoy helping build gardens for Mainers with limited income during the spring build season? If so, fill out the form below and let's start a conversation.