Interested in becoming a Volunteer with Maine Foodscapes?
Wonderful! Our work is not successful without people from the communities we serve getting involved.
To get started, please fill out the following form:
We have several volunteer needs that support our programs.
Did you know? The value of a volunteer is $24.14 per hour according to
Here are some of the major roles we ask our volunteers to play:
- Garden Builders: Help build gardens alongside new FGP gardeners and their families!
- Community Chefs: Help us cook food for our new gardener orientations and community events.
- Childcare Champions: Provide supervision and support for children in attendance during new gardener orientations and community events.
- Garden Mentors: Become a new FGP gardener's mentor (no expertise necessary). Help connect new gardeners to the Maine Foodscapes community, field questions that arise during the growing season, and help find appropriate resources and answers to questions as they arise.
- Data Queens & Kings: Support our project's transparency and integrity by helping with data entry.
- Fundraising Superstars: Help our team raise the funds necessary to build more gardens for families experiencing limited resources in Maine.
- Be a Leader: Join as a member of our Leadership Team, learn new skills, and help steer our programs.
- Event Planners: Help us plan fundraising and educational events.
- Community Educators: Share your skills with the Maine Foodscapes Community. Teach a workshop or develop a resource to share with others.
- Graphic Designers & Artists: Help bring more color to our communications and help the Maine Foodscapes brand come to life! Inspire your community through art.
- Busy Bee Bookkeepers: Got numbers skills to share? We would love your help once per month.
- Savvy Social Media Butterflies: Yes, we are talking about you! Do you love sharing and helping to spread the word about great things happening in your community? Do you have an eye for aesthetics and syntax to excite?
Join us! Please don't hesitate to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions and get involved!